Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Modge Podge Candle - Dislike


Have I mentioned how much I dislike my mantel right now?  I would love to tear the whole thing down and rebuild it, but at the moment it's at the bottom of the project list.  In fact, I'm tired of my entire living room, and would like to change everything in it, but again, I've got other pressing items on the list. 

The other night I decided to modge podge the above candle, hoping that somehow it would boost my spirits to have a little change up on my mantel.  Everything in my living room is SO BROWN and SO GOLD.....really, really, tired of it all.  There are worse things in life, I know.  I'm just ready for bright, happy, refreshing colors in there.  One day. 

Anyways, for some crazy reason I thought adding some white would be good, but no, it ended up looking wrinkled and much like a toilet paper roll.  Plus, it didn't "go" anymore with the other stuff I had up there. . .

I moved it to the top of the piano, I still don't like it.  I just need to go buy a new candle.  And do something else with the ridiculous ribbon I added to it, and then maybe paint the black a different color.  I look at it and think "toilet paper tuxedo", NOT really the look I'm going for. . .
Oh, the things we do when we're bored :O).

2 comments:

jsimper said...

You really make me laugh! Thanks for posting not only your successes, but your near successes :0) I really want some sort of a framed jewelry hanging thing. Maybe if you r bored today, you could work on a tutorial for that, lol...love you, Aly.

Aly said...

Thanks, Jackie! LOL!! Have you seen the jewelry "hanging thing" that is made out of an old painted frame with chicken wire? Is that what you were thinking about?