Thursday, March 3, 2011

Doll Cakes

Of all the cakes I've made I'd say my most favorite to decorate are doll cakes! I don't know if it takes me back to childhood when I would play with my dolls for hours on end making sure that their outfits and hair looked just perfect? Or if it was my love for the little old paper dolls that I admired of my grandmother's? Maybe how much I enjoyed drawing dolls and creating beautiful dresses for them? Whatever it is, I get such a kick out of these doll cakes! They don't take too much time, and the sky is the limit when it comes to decorating them! I picked a few of my favorite's to post here.

This one I made for my friend's daughter on her baptism day. She wanted it to look just like her baptism dress...
This one was for my friend's daughter on her first birthday. They wanted a hula girl for their luau party...
And the last one I picked is the cake I made for my daughter's baptism...
I haven't made a cake in quite awhile, but I do have a cake blog that I post pictures of cakes that I have made in the past, as well as cakes that my friends and family have made. If you have a love for cake decorating check it out! Click HERE!


For a full list of parties I link to click HERE!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, my daughter would LOVE one of these. So cute! Funny, they have been around for so long, haven't they! Still as much fun as I remember when I was a kid!

Hop over to my site! I'd love to have you link up at my For the Kids Fridays link party.
http://sunscholars.blogspot.com

:)rachel

Lyssa Beth said...

That is amazing, those cakes look so so good!
I awarded you on my blog!
Come take a look!
LYssa
http://bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

Anonymous said...

you did an absolutely beautiful job on the dresses!!! So, so, so pretty!