Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pre-Shirred Fabric Dresses


The other day (again at Wal-Mart), I walked passed the fabric area - with zero intent of buying anything - and could NOT resist this pre-shirred fabric!  I've always wanted to try to make one...

Does it get any easier?  I bought enough material to make both my girls matching dresses.  I hemmed it, sewed up the back, added straps, and a flower....

This is the 3 year olds.  I've got the 10 year olds done, but hers still needs a flower...

I love those elastic gathers, so fun...

She seems to like it too.  With the fabric I bought I will get 2 dresses (including straps), and enough fabric leftover to make flowers for 2 headbands (I've already made a couple of rolled rosettes).  Total cost for both dresses and accessories - $18.00.  I am LOVING how cost effective sewing can be.  I can't think of any store that I can buy this cute of a dress with a matching headband (pictures coming later) for 9 bucks!...

For a full list of parties I link to click HERE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute touch! You're invited to my "Party in Paris" today. I hope you will stop over!

Blessings, Renee
http://renee-joyjourney.blogspot.com/2011/04/friday-blog-hop.html

Ruth H. said...

Aly, you've done it again. That dress is adorable. The fabric rosette is just the right touch to take it a step above the typical sundress. And the fabric is so fun!

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

what a cutie and the dress is lovely!

kisses
heather

Renée said...

Congratulations, your darling dress and cute, cute model, made this week's top hits at singingwithbirds.com Come check it out and grab a button if you'd like. Thanks for sharing your fabulous idea!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

What a sweet dress...

Thanks for sharing this at Creative Juice! Hope to see you back at the party tonight!