Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Photo Holder

I've been crafting all day, and LOVING it!  It really makes me feel happy.  Does that sound crazy?  With Mother's Day and a couple of sister-in-law's birthdays this week I just couldn't resist making a few things. 

A few months ago I came across thee most adorable "Grandma Photo Blocks" over at I Heart Naptime.  I've really been wanting to make them.  I just couldn't figure out how to incorporate the umpteen grandchildren our family has.  Hers look so cute with her two adorable babies...


I thought about making several blocks to stack, or putting a picture on each surface of the block, but ultimately decided to use the saying and go with my own creation.  I had some wooden craft frames that I painted and distressed, then put some textured paper behind the glass, and cut the vinyl out with my silhouette to go on the glass.  I had some vintage lace that my mom had given me, so I put that across the bottom with some black ribbon.  I took miniature clothes pins, inked the edges, then glued them in place with E-600....

I love the texture of this paper!...

The three year old picked some flowers for me today, they made a great photo prop :O)...

And then, of course, I added a few pictures of my babies with room to add in the other grandkids of the family...

For a complete list of parties I've linked to click HERE!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

These are so cute!

jsimper said...

Ooooooh! Aly, could u talk to Audree and tell her to make me one of these??? DARLING!