Saturday, April 16, 2011

She's Learning to Sew!


Last night I started teaching the 10 year old how to sew.  She LOOOOVES it!  In fact, this morning she woke up and sat right down at the sewing machine and has been sewing all day...um, yes, it's almost 3pm and she's still in her jammies - sewing. 

We have some 9" square scraps from holiday rag quilts and table runners my mom made.  She decided to make little pillows for her grandma's for Easter.  She made them all on her own, AND they're reversible :O).  That was her idea, and I think it's so cute that she is exploring her creative side. 

Here is the first side of her pillow...

She is making folded flowers, but instead of gluing the petals she is sewing them in place.  Here is the backside...
So fun!  Can't wait to see what else she comes up with...although, I'm hoping to have some machine time of my own sometime soon :O). 

3 comments:

jsimper said...

Way to go, Annie. You wil soon sew better than me and I will have to hire u to do my pillow covers :0)

cre8ivesky said...

I can imagine this makes you want to just burst with pride! She is doing awesome already! Hope you have a great spring break! :)

katie jean said...

I have been teaching my daughter (age 6) to sew by hand. I love the personal detailed work that your 10 year old daughter is doing. Good for her!